Stroke Conference 2021
UPDATE: SSA Conference will be fully virtual except for WA Delegates who are still able to attend face to face at the Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre. Get 6 months on-demand of all the presentation after the conference!
On behalf of the Stroke Society of Australasia and the Organising Committee of SSA 2021, we would like to invite you to participate in the Stroke 2021 Conference to be held from 12 – 15 October 2021 at the Perth Convention and Exhibition Centre, Western Australia.
SSA held its first meeting in Perth 1990, which means it will be celebrating over three decades in 2021. This brought the theme of this meeting as “Back to the Future”. Under the conference theme of ‘Back to the future’ the conference organising committee is hoping to develop not just a multidisciplinary meeting limited to the traditional stroke therapy, but also look for new voices, collaborations and jointly developed content from those in the greater stroke patient management ecosystem.
- Basic Science
- Heart and Stroke
- Technology / Machine learning
- Intracerebral haemorrhage
- Systems of care – Prehospital – Stroke calls –
Telestroke – Mobile stroke unit / Prehospital stroke care
- Young Stroke (Migraine, PFO, Dissection)
- Cerebral Small Vessel Disease
- Australasian Stroke Trials Network quick fire session
- Acute Reperfusion Therapy – Neurointerventional treatment – Thrombolysis
- Stroke Rehabilitation – Stroke Nursing – Consumer Partnership
- Allied health
- Neuroimaging Secondary prevention
- Neuroprotection New Investigator Session – separate session vs incorporated into other sessions
- Controversies in Stroke
We look forward to meeting you in Perth at SSA 2021.
SSA 2021 Local Organising Committee
|11 February 2021||Call for abstracts opens|
|13 April 2021||Registration opens|
|28 May 2021||Call for abstracts extended|
|16 August 2021||Early bird registration closes|
|12 October 2021||SSA 2021 Conference begins|